got home a week ago, I swear I needed some time to recover from the holiday (long days in the car) but especially to get used to the work rythm again: a bit less sleep, long days in an office chair, then some time in traffic jams, ..
time for a small retrospective conclusion !
I loved our road trip to Sweden because of (in no particular order):
- rock carvings and rune stones in Sweden: so cool !
- a new appreciation for renaissance castles, one of the advantages being that they are mostly still standing with much of their interior decorating intact
- silver lining of long car drives: lots of good music
- so much green space in Sweden, with so few people, great for hiking or just hanging around with friends
- spending quality time with friends
- no mosquitos ! this was a suprise, but I read that it’s due to the long dry period, preventing them from hatching new generations
what I liked a bit less:
- sleeping in hot stuffy hotel rooms without air conditioning
- not much down time to just sit around and read/write
if you’re into balance sheets, you’ll admit this one looks good. if you’re not, then you’re wondering what my gut feeling says and I can tell you: it feels good!