I’ve had to juggle with the segments because the route after Nantes city is a bit bare of accommodation and restaurants on Monday evenings, so today we’re only doing 22 km.
Having some trouble with the Wi-Fi, my post draft was lost and I don’t have time to write it again before going out to dinner. So today’s journal is abbreviated:
Of note (in words)
- we saw another colibri butterfly
- we observed two wrens flitting about in a bush next to our resting spot
- left the bikes and bags in the hotel and then went to explore the city of Nantes
- saw the botanical garden (lovely!), the cathedral (being renovated after a fire two years ago) and the ducal castle (interesting museum, but closed on Monday, but a sunny walk on the ramparts)
- had a ridiculously large pancake and got stung by a wasp
- out of books!